Give your gear a second chance
Your gear closet is overflowing, and you're not the type to dump anything in a landfill that doesn't belong there. Welcome to SB Pre-loved! We're here to help all our Basementeers pass their gear along to the next worthy adventurer, so their pre-loved gear can be re-loved again.
1. Fill it up
Stash the gear you're passing along in any bag or box. Make sure each item meets our quality standards and is something that SB has sold in the past. Check out our trade-in requirements here!
3. Get credit
Once your gear has been evaluated by our expert processors, we'll send you a Sports Basement gift card in 5-7 days that you can use in-store or online. Any gear we do not accept will be donated locally or recycled.
SB Always Keeps It Green
Sports Basement Pre-loved used gear will only be available to purchase in-person at our three pilot stores: SB Berkeley, SB SF Bryant St., and SB Redwood City. Get directions below! Afterwards, let us know how you enjoyed your experience and what we could do to impove it even more by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trade-in requirements & standards
Trade-in items must be:
- Products that Sports Basement carries.
- Less than 10 years old.
- Free of stains, tears, rips or odors.
- Complete with no missing pieces or items.
- In good condition and ready to be loved again.
Trade-in items cannot be:
- More than 10 years old.
- Missing some parts or broken (including holes or tears, or requiring repair for reuse).
- Missing their size or care labels.
- Altered in any way (including with patches, stickers, etc).
- Pilled or significantly faded.
Items that sell well:
- Ski & snowboard apparel
- Ski & snowboard boots
- Skis, snowboards & snowshoes
- Outerwear (down/synthetic jackets and vests, fleece, rain jackets, running/fitness jackets)
- Kids outerwear (fleece, synthetic insulation)
- Lightly used boots/shoes
- Backpacks, waist packs, techcnical duffels
- Tents, sleeping bags, sleeping pads
- Camp stoves, coolers, camp kitchen gear
- Bike accessories (bike racks, fenders, panniers, U-locks, other components)
- Fitness equipment (mats must be unused)
- Baseball bats, mitts, tennis rackets & other sports equipment
Items we don't accept:
- Next-to-skin items (intimates, sports bras, swimwear, rash guards, socks, etc)
- Electronics (lights, computers, GPS)
- Safety equipment (helmets, protective gear, climbing equipment)
- Shoes missing insoles or with heavy wear (e.g. visible foot indentations)
- Accessories (headbands, scrunches, hair ties, hats, socks, masks, etc)
- Self Care Products (cleanser, sunscreen, moisturizer, hand sanitizer, etc)
- Skis without indemnified bindings
- Bike parts & accessories. Bikes can be traded in here.
- Products Sports Basement has never sold