Thanks for your support during these crazy times! Got questions about your purchases, rentals, or returns? We’ve got answers. Wanna know more about our store hours and safety measures? Those answers live here too.
Video Chat with an Expert
Need help with sizing? Planing a trip and want advice? You can arrange a Zoom call with one of our experts by CLICKING HERE.
If you’d like to leave a note for one of our stores, fill out our store feedback form.
In-Store Safety Requirements & Information
All stores are fully open.
Saturday & Sunday: 9am-5pm
- Masks must be worn at all times by staff and customers 2 years and older. Masks are available to purchase for $2 if needed.
- Gloves are available to all staff and shoppers.
- We are metering and monitoring guests. Each store has a maximum capacity based on the square footage of the open departments.
- Temperature may be checked upon entry. Anyone with temperatures above 100.5°F will be asked to return after their temperature has returned to normal.
- Use sanitation stations throughout the store as needed.
- Keep 6 feet of distance between you, staff, and other guests while shopping and in line.
- Use our UV lightboxes in our snow goggle and sunglasses areas for disinfecting after try-ons.
- We are accepting returns (for both retail and online purchases) which are quarantined for 24 hours prior to being restocked.
- Fitting rooms are available.
- Our public restrooms are closed at this time.
- Community areas are closed at this time.
- Rental returns are accepted.
- We accept and encourage all forms of contactless payment. Contactless payment methods we accept include credit & debit cards, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Google Pay, and credit card “tap-to-pay”.
- Plexiglass has been placed at registers.
- Pin pads are wiped down after every use.
SAFE GEAR & APPAREL
- All skis, boards, poles and bindings are quarantined after each use. Goggles are washed with soap and water between uses, boots and helmets are cleaned with Vital Oxide and all apparel is laundered by our masked, gloved staff in our industrial washing machines with special detergents provided by Ecolab.
- Boot fitting (and other gear sizing) is touchless - we will verbally instruct you on how to fit your gear, and any discarded sizes will be returned for sterilization.
SAFE RENTAL PICKUP
- Walk-in, reservation and return lines are separated by at least six feet and individually demarcated for easy social distancing.
- The rentals department in all stores has been expanded to allow for social distancing.
- Rental registers are protected by Plexiglass shields.
- Staff and customers are required to wear masks at all times (and must follow all other in-store safety procedures as well).
- Sanitizer stations are located within each rental department.
- If lines become too long for safety, we will utilize a waitlist app to avoid congestion in the rentals area. When maximum capacity is reached in the rental department, new customers will be put on a waitlist and will be called back to rentals when we are ready for them. Once started, customers will proceed through all steps with no additional waiting.
Curbside Pickup Information
HOW IT WORKS
- Order your items on our website (look at that, you're on our website right now!)
- Select the curbside pickup location closest to you during checkout.
- If you buy a bike, you'll receive an additional email with a quick questionnaire. A bike mechanic will contact you if needed for any follow-up.
- You will receive an email letting you know that your order is ready for curbside pickup. It may come from a private email address, so be sure to check your spam!
- Drive to the store you selected for curbside pickup. Park your car in the designated curbside pickup spot in front of the store and call the number provided in your email when you arrive!
- A staffer will come out and place your order on the table nearby, or at the bike rack. We don't touch the tables or the rack, for your safety as well as our own.
- We'll step back 6+ feet so you can grab your new gear.
What safety precautions are you taking with curbside pickup?
- All staff wear masks and gloves at all times during order fulfillment, including building bikes.
- Staff are able to work fulfillment only if they have no sick or at-risk family members at home.
- Staff are instructed to maintain 6 feet of distance from each other at all times, and follow CDC guidelines regarding disinfecting surfaces and hand-washing throughout the day.
- We will not come within 6 feet of you at any point, and ask that you do the same.
What time can I come to pick up my curbside order?
You can pick up your curbside order at any time during store hours: Monday through Friday: 11am-7pm. Weekends: 9am-5pm. Just call the number provided when you arrive.
Can I buy/return/exchange other items when I come to pick up my curbside order?
We cannot add extra items or switch out items on your curbside pickup order. However, most of our stores are open (see above), so you can come into the store to make purchases on your own. We are also able to accept returns for all departments (including rentals) at this time. Be sure to follow our safety precautions carefully when you enter the store.
Web Order Safety & Information
Where is my order?
We are prioritizing our customer and staff safety by following CDC guidelines and practicing appropriate distancing while getting orders out the door. Unfortunately, that means that it takes us a bit longer to fulfill and ship orders. As soon as we do ship your order you will receive an email with a UPS tracking number, and the email will detail which items have shipped. In an effort to get items to you faster, we may send multiple packages per order.
What safety precautions are you taking with web orders?
- We fulfill all web and curbside pickup orders with as few staff as possible, to minimize risk.
- Staff maintain social distance (at least 6 feet apart) and each have their own workstations, computer, packing materials, and equipment to work off of in order to pack up your order safely.
- All staff must wear a mask and gloves at all times while inside a Sports Basement property (stores, fulfillment areas, etc).
- Staff are strictly adhering to CDC guidelines for hand washing and surface disinfecting,
- Only staff that do not have any COVID19 health risks in their household (70+, immune-compromised) are approved to work.
Is there a way to call/chat you about my order?
Email is our best bet right now, and you can email us at email@example.com. You can also call us at 800-869-6670.
Do you offer returns for online purchases?
Yes! You can email us to request a return label at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will quarantine your order for 48 hours once it's received to ensure staff safety. You will receive an email once your return is processed. We can also process returns at your local store - please follow all safety precautions listed above if you decide to visit.
How do I use my gift card on the website?
To use your gift card for an online order, please email your gift card number to email@example.com. We'll take care of ya.
How do I return my rental items?
You can return your rental items at your local Sports Basement store location. Please follow all safety precautions if you choose to do so. You will not be penalized for missing your rental return due date, and you can choose to hold on to your rentals until you feel it is safe to return them or until all shelter-in-place rules are lifted.
What if I have lift tickets I want to return?
We can offer you a refund if you have your receipt, and can offer you store credit if you don't have a receipt, but those transactions must be done in-store due to website limitations. If you do choose to visit your local Sports Basement for this return, please be sure to follow all safety precautions.
- We are bringing back only the minimum amount of staff needed to operate our stores and web fulfillment - all other staff are working from home.
- Staff with high-risk household members will continue to work from home.
- Nitrile gloves are provided to all staff working at a Sports Basement property.
- All staff are required to wear masks 100% of the time while in any Sports Basement property (this includes break rooms and bathrooms).
- Staff are strictly adhering to CDC guidelines for hand washing and surface disinfecting.
- Registers and other equipment are assigned to one person to minimize contact.
- Staff break rooms have only single-serve items. All eating must occur outside the store.
- Only staff that do not have any COVID19 health risks in their household (70+, immune-compromised) are approved to work.
Sports Basement Outdoors
Ensure hand sanitizing solution is readily available and used frequently. Participants are encouraged to bring their own and a small, travel sized bottle will be provided to every client.
Whenever possible 6 foot social distancing is still recommended. This can create some challenges with parties traveling through tight spaces. Guides will dictate options in these situations. When in doubt, masks on!
A face covering (mask, buff, bandana) is required as it can limit the spread of droplets. When social distancing is unavoidable for safety reasons, guides and participants must have a face covering. If clients arrive without face coverings, one will be provided. Social distancing and face coverings are particularly important during the trip as increased exertion may increase the aerosolization of viral particles.
Only those who are members of the same household should share tents. This distinction is important - a household is those that live together - not just members of the same family. Questions will be raised about those who travel together. If they have been together for 14 days - a quarantine period - they could be considered household. If they have not been together for that length of time - they could be tent-mates given they have already been exposed to each other, but must continue social distancing with the rest of the group.
For backpacking trips, standard water purification strategies should be employed. If using a shared water source for distributing water, steps should be taken so there is no physical contact between individual bottles and the source.
In addition to the standard risk liability waiver, an additional COVID-19 waiver will be required for all participants, accepting the inherent risks of backcountry activities (lack of immediate medical services and sanitation) and the potential that rescue operations could be delayed or impossible, given the current regional situation.This will be provided upon arrival.
All clients will receive an additional digital COVID-19 Questionnaire 2-3 weeks prior to the trip. Clients should not be on a trip if they have come in contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 within the last 14 days or if they develop any fever or flu-like symptoms during the 14 days prior to the trip. The questionnaire will be resent during the week prior to the trip to ensure there have been no changes.
As testing becomes more available, we encourage clients to be tested at least a week prior to the trip, then to quarantine post test and limit exposure as much as possible. during travel to the trip start.
Upon arrival at the starting location, all clients will be re-asked questionnaire questions and have their temperature checked with a digital thermometer. Clients with a temperature of over 100.5 degrees of higher will not be allowed to participate in the trip. Clients can transfer to another date or receive a partial refund (minus 20%).
As some strenuous portions of the trip may require wearing a face mask, we recommend clients do as much training as possible with a mask, to acclimate your lungs to a reduced oxygen intake. Additionally, for backpacking trips, with the reduction in shared gear options, and an increase in sanitation items, we recommend increasing the weight of your training pack to prepare for the potential of a heavier pack on the trip. With quarantine issues related to being active and getting on trails, we are also encouraging participants to find any method of physical and endurance training possible, to ensure they can safely and enjoyably complete the trip.
Due to risk of contamination, clients should refrain from carpooling with other trip participants.They should avoid utilizing public transportation to arrive at the trip start location, whenever possible.
Gear will need to be closely monitored, only utilized by guides, and cleaned as thoroughly as possible between uses. Sufficient diluted bleach and sanitizing wipes will be available for all trips to clean group gear.
For backpacking trips, breakfast and dinners meals will proceed as planned, however, lunch meals, which require a significant amount of shared containers and utensils, will NOT be provided. Clients will need to provide their own, individually portioned lunches and snacks. For meal service, only one guide will handle the utensils and dishing out meals. Sharing of any meals or snacks outside your family group is prohibited. For other trips, pre-packaged lunch options will be available.
Whenever possible, clients should self care for minor injuries like scrapes, abrasions and blisters. Participants should supply their own common supplies like bandaids, athletic tape, ibuprofen, etc. In the absence of participant first aid items, multiple guide first aid kits will be available as a resource. Individual guides will have sole access to their first aid kits and either use gloves or hand sanitizer before handling any supplies provided to clients.
- In the event that first aid must be administered by a guide, both client and guide will wear protective face masks and the guide will wear sterilized gloves.
- In the event of life threatening injuries, guides will immediately prioritize injuries and evacuation procedures, while taking as many COVID precautions as possible.
COVID action plan
If a client (or guide) demonstrates fever or flu-like illness concerning for COVID-19, they will be immediately (but safely) isolated from the other participants. A separate tent, evacuation plan, etc. If it is a client and they require evacuation, a guide will need to be assigned to them to evacuate from the trip. This guide will not interact with other members of the group. Upon visiting a healthcare center, appropriate COVID testing is recommended for the person in question and, if positive, the guide will need appropriate testing in addition to entering quarantine before returning to work.
- Regional Healthcare. Clients should be aware of regional healthcare infrastructure and accessibility, or lack thereof, in the vicinity of Yosemite National Park (YNP). Sports Basement will defer to YNP’s operating and evacuation procedures for individuals that develop COVID symptoms after arrival in YNP (will defer to ranger recommendations). All trips equipped with Satellite radio text communication.