Join the SB Team!
There’s something special happening at our stores and we’re always looking for great people to join the Sports Basement team. Apply below.
Sports Basement offers a fun, challenging work environment that allows you to share your love of the outdoors with customers and co-workers. We’re an entrepreneurial company with plenty of ways to grow and build a career. We also provide an outstanding list of benefits to staff so they can lead healthy, active, fun lives:
- Full health, dental, and optical coverage (full-time staff)
- Participation in our profit-sharing bonus pool (full-time staff)
- 40% off our already low prices… for life (you keep your employee discount when you work more than a year full-time and leave in good standing)
- A kitchen fully stocked with free, tasty, healthy food for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner
- Two free flights every time you work the equivalent of one full year
- Free skiing, camping, and biking trips with our “Out of the Basement” program
- Free use of our rental gear
- Up to $1,000 per year in event and race fee reimbursements
- 401(k) plan
- Free Long Term Disability insurance (full-time staff)
- Stock options program (full-time staff)
- Flexible scheduling for students and part time staff
- Berkeley: Snow Apparel, Bike Mechanic, Bike Sales, Team Sports, Register.
- Campbell: Bike Sales.
- Sunnyvale: Bike Mechanic*, Snow Rentals!
- Bryant Street (SF): All departments.
- Presidio (SF): Snow/Bike Rentals, Register, Running, Team, Fitness, Kids, Receiving.
- Basically Free Rentals (SF): Bike Rentals.
- Walnut Creek: Register, Bike Sales, Running.
- San Ramon: Footwear Lead & Staff, Team Sports, Kids, Register, Rentals, Snow Apparel.
- Corporate roles: None at this time.
*Bike Mechanic roles - based on experience: Lead mechanic ($20+/hour), Sr. Mechanic ($18-$20), Mechanic ($16-$18), Staff Mechanic ($15-$16).
We’re always growing and looking for great full time and part time Staff so please apply even if you don’t see an opening that matches your experience.
How to apply: