Join the Sports Basement Team!
'Round these parts, we just call it SB. You can, too!
Our company is constantly growing, and we’re always taking applications for all positions. That said, there are some departments and positions that need help more urgently than others. Take a look at our current store openings and see if you might fit one of them!SEE OPENINGS
We're one big giant family and we all love the same stuff—getting outside as much as possible, staying healthy, and helping our customers do the same. Although we do have specific departments you'll be based in, we value our ability to stay nimble and help wherever we're needed.SEE JOB DESCRIPTIONS
It's one thing to read up about Sports Basement and submit a job application, but it's another thing entirely to come in for the interview! We've got answers to every question you'd like to ask about applying at Sports Basement and what it's like to actually work here day-to-day.SEE OUR JOBS FAQ
WHAT YOU'LL ENJOY (besides a decent paycheck)
- You’ll get full health, dental, and optical coverage for full-time staff - ‘cause you can’t be your best when you’re not feeling your best.
- You’ll be included in our profit-sharing bonus pool for full-time staff.
- You’ll get 40% off our already low prices… for life. (Yep, you keep your employee discount when you work more than a year full-time and leave in good standing).
- You’ll enjoy a kitchen fully stocked with free, tasty, healthy food for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner.
- You’ll enjoy a free flight every time you work the equivalent of one full year. Embark on an adventure on us! Or head home to see family - either way, we want your time off to be the best it can be.
- Free skiing, camping, and biking trips with our Out of the Basement program. It’s in our best interests to get you out of the Basement and into the wild as much as possible, so we make it as easy as possible!
- Free use of our rental gear. That’s bikes, snow gear, camping gear and even triathlon wetsuits.
- Up to $1,000 per year in event and race fee reimbursements. We want you to achieve your dreams, and we’re down to help you get there.
- 401(k) plan - ‘cause everyone has to retire eventually.
- Free Long Term Disability insurance for full-time staff.
- Stock options program for full-time staff.
- Flexible scheduling for students and part-time staff. We want you to have a life outside of work, and we’re happy to work with you to make that happen.
- After 20 years we’re still growing our stores and launching new businesses. We promote from within to lead these stores and new businesses.
- We develop our next team of leaders through bi-annual development reviews which are tied to our profit-sharing bonus.
- Our benefits and store locations make it so that staff can raise a family and move around the Bay no matter where life takes them.
It’s all been said before: We care about the customer, the community, the environment. These are common values by which most companies try to abide. What sets us apart is how we prioritize and execute these values every day. It’s all been said before: We care about the customer, the community, the environment. These are common values by which most companies try to abide. What sets us apart is how we prioritize and execute these values every day.