Bicycle Trade-In Program
Ready to upgrade to a new bike? Don't deal with Craigslist - come to Sports Basement! We'll give you the value of your old bike in store credit, so you can make your old bike help pay for your new one. It's as easy as 1-2-3:
- Bring your used bike into any Sports Basement store. To qualify your bike must be 2000 model year or newer, and original MSRP of $500 or more.
- Collect your final valuation at Sports Basement's front register. Click the image below to visit BicycleBlueBook.com for an estimate of your trade-in value today (note: you'll get store credit for the trade-in value, not the private party value).
- Receive store credit towards your new bike, or spend it on anything else that catches your eye in our store. (not just bike stuff!)
Before you drop by...
- Your bike should be clean, functioning and in sellable condition.
- If your bike needs major service or parts, you'll have to pay for that work and/or parts before your bike can be valued. Of course, we're happy to help you out!
- The serial number on your bike should be visible and not defaced or destroyed.
- Be sure to bring any chargers or accessories that your bike requires (Di2 and EPS owners, we're talking to you).
- To fight theft, you'll need to bring your driver's license or state I.D. card for us to log (along with the bike's serial number) and you'll need to sign a statement that says the bike is yours to sell.
Other things to know:
Our trade-in program is for bike shop-quality bikes (like the ones we sell!), model year 2000 or newer.
- Valuations are entirely based on the 3rd party database of BicycleBlueBook.com. Our shop just makes sure the bike is in sellable condition.
- Valuations assume all original components are on the bike. We will take into account any upgrades made.
- Department store-quality bikes (Huffy, Magma, Next, etc.) do not qualify.
- Tandems, adult trikes, and recumbents also do not qualify.
- If your bike isn't in the database it can still be valued, but that process will take up to 2 business days.