- Core Bamboo, Carbon, Wood
- Dimensions 324 x 275 x 303.6 (152cm)
- Radius 6.9m (152cm)
- Rider Type Advanced-Expert
- Rocker Rocker
The Jones Storm Chaser Snowboard is a board that should have a place in your quiver for those times when you can tell just by looking outside that your package is definitely going to be delayed. Surfy and playful, this board is for those who spend their days laying original lines across the pillowy unknown. The dream has always been to surf the white mountain waves and the Jones Storm Chaser Snowboard uses Christenson Surf Rocker to help blur the lines between oceans of water and oceans of pow.
- Christenson Surf Rocker – Custom tip/tail rocker profile designed by surf shaper Chris Christenson for the Mind Expander, Mountain Surfer and Storm Chaser. The nose rocker starts just inside of the front inserts and the tail rocker starts just at the back inserts. When you weight the tail of the board, the nose ramps up out of the snow for insane float on the deepest days. These subtle rocker contours match a Christenson surfboard rocker profile.
- Directional Flex Pattern: 6 (1 Soft - 10 Stiff)
- 3D Contour Base 4.0 – Jones' most advanced 3D base contour, featuring 7 mm of spoon bevel in the nose, 4 mm in the tail, and a 2 mm deep Speed Channel between the tail edges.
- Blunt Nose
- Progressive Sidecut – At the far ends of the sidecut, the radius is incrementally increased as the edge reaches the contact point. Gradually increasing the sidecut radius towards the contact point delivers smoother turn initiation and exit as the edge tracks in and out of the snow with a less abrupt transition.
- FSC Bamboo Surf Core – Re-designed triple density Bamboo Surf wood core that features primarily paulownia stringers with bamboo stringers positioned in the pocket of the sidecut for better edge response and turn power.
- Biax Fiberglass Laminate – A dual-direction, dual-layer, stitched fiberglass laminate that provides a fun, forgiving and snappy ride.
- Carbon Web Fused – New carbon stringer pack that blends different widths of carbon matched to the specific needs of the board model. Featured on the surf collection models to eliminate nose vibration and on the Solution splitboard as a reinforcement under the binding.
- Recycled Rounded ABS Sidewalls – ABS plastic is one of the necessary evils of snowboard production. Jones improves the sustainability of their snowboards by using only recycled plastic.
- Sintered 9900 Base – Sintered Ultra High Molecular Weight polyethylene with carbon additives.
- Flip Flop Base
- Traction Tech 2.0 Edges – Like a serrated knife slicing into the snow, Traction Tech improves your edge grip by adding multiple contact points along the running length of your board.
- Oversized Recycled Edges – All Jones boards are made with oversized recycled steel edges for added durability and improved production sustainability.
- Eco-Plastic Topsheet – Bio-plastic topsheet made from Castor beans. This eco-material is ultralight, chip/scratch resistant and water/snow repellent (snow sticks less to topsheet).
- Factory Tuned – All Jones snowboards are factory de-tuned at the tip and tail so you can go right from the shop to the mountain.
- Wend Natural Wax – Jones boards are ready to shred straight out of the shop and are factory waxed with WEND natural wax.
- Super Sap Bio Resin – All Jones boards are now built with bio-based, renewable epoxy instead of petroleum based epoxy. The raw materials used to make Super Sap Bio-Resin are co-products or waste products of other plant-based industrial processes.
- Binding Compatibility: 2 x 4 Insert Pattern
- Product Reviews