The Raven Ice Axe is a classic mountaineer's "piolet" that has been used on classic climbs the world over for decades. Black Diamond's modern take on Chouinard's original curved-pick mountain axe is lighter, with an updated investment-cast, stainless steel head ergonomically improved for increased comfort while walking. The updated pick and adze geometry allow for more secure placements and efficient chopping, and the revamped spike adds better bite on those icy placements with improved plunge-ability. The durable aircraft-grade aluminum shaft is also improved with a trapezoidal cross-section for a more comfortable, better grip.
- Durable, trapezoidal cross-section, aircraft-grade aluminum shaft
- Investment-cast, one-piece stainless-steel head with a large hole for a carabiner
- Pick's curve and teeth engineered for secure self-arresting
- Head: Investment-Cast Stainless steel
- Shaft: Aluminum
- Weight Without Leash: 14.98 oz (428 g)
- CEN-B certified