Adventure Medical Mountain Series Medical Kit-Guide
The Guide is essential for leading a group on any long outdoor excursion. Ideal for outings lasting up to two weeks, it’s equipped with an abundant array of necessities to treat everything from severe bleeding, fractures, and pain to everyday aches, blisters, and scrapes. The Guide empowers you to provide high-quality first aid to several people and explore the wilderness with greater security—and enjoyment. As with any good guide, you can count on this one!
- A Comprehensive Guide to Wilderness & Travel Medicine by Eric A. Weiss, M.D: Full of the most up-to-date information on wilderness and travel medicine, this indispensable book includes: "Weiss Advice" on improvised techniques; "When to Worry" tips; 97 illustrations; recommended prescription medications; and step-by-step guidelines for using the components of your kit.
- Easy Care First Aid® System: First aid supplies are organized in injury-specific pockets to eliminate guesswork and ensure you use the right treatment quickly.
- Find it Fast: Unique external kit map shows you where the supplies are located, while reflective mountain logo on front of bag makes it easy to spot in the dark when every moment counts.
- Semi-Transparent, Secure Pockets: See-through pockets protect items from dirt and moisture while allowing for quick and easy access. Zippers prevent items from falling out when opening the kit or accessing it in a vertical environment.
- Trapezoidal Bag for Added Room: Ingeniously designed in super-durable nylon with darting to provide extra space inside the kit for your own items.
- Supplies to Stop Bleeding Fast: QuikClot® gauze, trauma pads and triangular bandage to control life-threatening bleeding.
- Pain and Illness Remedies: Medication for allergic reactions, itches, pain and fever, inflammation, and diarrhea.
- Hospital-Quality Tools: Hospital-quality tools, including EMT shears, precision forceps, and digital thermometer set the standard for backcountry medical care.
- Fracture and Sprain Equipment: Kit includes a 36 x 4 aluminum, foam-padded, and malleable C-Splint™, plus a wide variety of wraps and bandages to immobilize and support fractures.
- CPR Administration Shield: A CPR face shield provides protection during mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.
- Wound Care Supplies: Use the 20 cc. irrigation syringe with a 16-gauge plastic tip to clean wounds, wound closure strips to close wound edges, and tincture of benzoin to increase the adhesiveness of strips and tape.
- Blister Management Tools: 28 pre-cut and shaped moleskin pieces make it easy to treat hot spots and blisters and alcohol pads for removing the oils from skin for better adherence of tape and moleskin.
- Size: 10" x 5.5" x 7"
- Weight: 2.15 lbs
- Group Size: 1 - 7 People
- Trip Duration: 1 - 14 Days
Order online by 3pm PT and pick-up today at available stores!
N/A / One Size / Article #100170754