No minimums, no special codes, just free shipping all the time. Only within the continental US. Still got questions? Check out the Shipping FAQs.
3-Hour Curbside & In-store Pickup
Simply choose pickup at your store under shipping options at checkout.
The HotForge Straight Gate Carabiner is a modern take on the classic keylock carabiner. Purpose built for the bolt-side of quickdraws, the HotForge is the durable bolt-side carabiner Black Diamond has built, while its straight gate makes clipping bolts nice and easy. Featuring a hot forged construction—allowing us to remove weight where it’s not needed and add material where durability is key—the HotForge has a deeper basket for better clipping, while the hinge-end basket is flatter to ensure the webbing of quickdraws stays put. A larger rope bearing surface adds durability for the carabiner, while the flats on the gate reduce the likelihood of the gate opening accidentally.
- Hot Forged for lighter-weight construction
- Larger rope-bearing surface for added durability
- Nose geometry allows for efficient clipping and unclipping
- Flats on gate reduce likelihood of gate opening accidentally
- Weight : 45 g (1.59 oz)
- Closed Gate Strength : 24 kN (5,395 lbf)
- Open Gate Strength : 8 kN (1,798 lbf)
- Minor Axis Strength : 8 kN (1,798 lbf)
- Gate Opening : 22 mm (0.87 in)