S'mores: Bacon Edition
When I read bacon and s'mores, I too, thought "WHAT?!" with a mix of awe and excitement (and, if I'm honest, a little skepticism). But with just one bite, I've been telling anyone who will listen how good these are. I've even convinced my boss to let me tell you.
If you're looking for a fun spin on a classic camp dessert, this is the perfect treat. (I emphasize the word "treat" here. They're heavenly, but they're also pretty darn sinful if ya know what I mean so maybe don't make 'em everyday. Or do. Don't let me tell you how to live your life.)
Recipe, phots, & videos from Delish
- 12 bacon slices, halved
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 6 large marshmallows
- 2 bars chocolate
- Preheat oven to 400º and place a baking rack inside of a baking sheet (to help catch grease).
- Make a bacon weave: On the baking rack, line 3 bacon halves side-by-side. Lift one end of the middle bacon slice and place a fourth bacon half on top of the side pieces and underneath the middle slice. Lay the middle slice back down.
- Next, lift the two side strips of bacon and place a 5th bacon half on top of the middle piece and underneath the sides. Lay the side slices back down.
- Finally, lift the other end of the middle slice and place a 6th slice on top of the side pieces and underneath the middle slice. Repeat to make three more weaves.
- Sprinkle bacon weaves with brown sugar and bake until bacon is crispy, 25 to 35 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to blot grease.
- Pierce 3 marshmallows onto each skewer and roast until marshmallows are golden, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Sandwich chocolate and marshmallows in between two bacon weaves.