Flourless Dark Chocolate Brownies
My wife just so happens to be a trained chef and baker, specializing in gluten-free baking so as a celiac I hit the jackpot.
With the baking good supplies sold out at most grocery stores, this recipe can easily be made with some basic ingredients from home, no flour needed.
- 1 ½ cups chocolate (or chunks/chips or a chopped up bar)
- 6 Tbs butter
- ¼ cup sugar (or white, light brown, dark brown, coconut (any))
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp, vanilla extract
- ¼ cup cocoa (cacao, dutch processed, etc)
- 3 Tbs cornstarch (arrowroot, potato starch or tapioca)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Peanut butter chips
- Coarse sea salt
- Etc - add your flare
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Line a pan (aluminum foil or parchment)
- Combine 1 cup of chocolate chips and butter: melt in the microwave or double boiler: Stir until smooth
- Stir in sugar and vanilla, mix until smooth
- Whisk eggs in a separate bowl - pour slowly into the chocolate mixture, whisking continuously
- Add dry ingredients (cocoa, starch, sea salt): stir until combined
- Add ¼ cup of remaining chocolate chips and pour batter into pan
- Top with final ¼ cup of remaining chips and a sprinkle of sea salt (if desired) & and add in any additional ingredients listed as optional above, here.
- Bake 20-25 min (insert a toothpick or fork into the middle of the brownies - for completion)
Mary Lou Torre says...
Thank you so much! These brownies sound fabulous, and I have all the ingredients at home already. I’m sharing this with my friends who can’t eat gluten. (Not sure what size pan to use, but I think it will become clear after I make the batter.)On May 07, 2020