Double your Basementeer discount on skis, boards, boots, and bindings with discount code DOUBLETHESNOW
Easy, One-Bowl Banana Bread
What you'll need:
- 3 or 4 mashed bananas (great task for kids!)
- 1/3 cup (75 grams) melted butter (if using salted butter, I omit the pinch of salt)
- 3/4 cup (145 grams) brown sugar (I usually use dark)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt (omit if using salted butter)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups (190 grams) flour
How it's done:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter an 8×4 inch loaf pan.
- Mix the melted butter into the mashed bananas with a wooden spoon. Then mix in the sugar, egg, vanilla, then the spices.
- Sprinkle the baking soda and salt (if using) over the mixture and mix in.
- Add the flour last, mix.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes to one hour, or until a tester comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan on a rack.
- Slice and enjoy!
Adapted from SmittenKitchen.com
Some of my favorite variations:
- Add 1 tablespoon of bourbon or rye when you add the egg & vanilla
- Mix in ½ cup of chocolate chips after mixing in the flour
- Replace ½ cup of flour with sifted cocoa powder
- Replace the nutmeg with cardamom
- Add a streusel topping (mix together 3 tablespoons of all purpose flour, 3 tablespoons of sugar, ½ teaspoon of cinnamon and 1 tablespoon of butter in a bowl, top bread before baking)
Shanna Holden says...
Thanks for the little updates. It’s nice to have right now, even if we are out of bananas and can’t get them!On March 24, 2020