Farm to Feet Winston
You save 52% off MSRP
The Winston is named for Winston-Salem, home to our packaging supplier. The design of this flat knit everyday sock draws its inspiration from the formation of the city that lies just south of our home of Mt. Airy, North Carolina. Just as our women’s Salem uses overlapping circles to symbolize the growth of Winston and Salem before they merged into a single city, here rectangles do the same.
- U.S. Merino Wool: Merino wool is soft, itch-free, naturally odor- and bacteria-resistant, cool in the summer and warm in winter. We source our 100% U.S. grown merino wool exclusively from sheep raised by American farmers on American farms.
- Hidden Nylon Plaiting: Advanced construction that sandwiches stretch yarns between two layers of body yarn, hidden nylon plaiting creates a smooth exterior and a low-profile fit that is ideal for technical and sport socks. A side benefit of this modern knitting technique is its ability to incorporate complex patterns, open-weave zones, and intricate designs for increased performance and extra style.
- Flat-Knit Construction: We use flat-knit construction in our lightest weight casual socks and in the non-cushioned zones of some technical sport socks. Its thin cross-section helps with ventilation and reduces bulk for a better fit in low-volume footwear, while the smooth seamless knit feels wonderful next to the skin.
- Seamless Toe Closure: Advanced knitting techniques create a totally flat connection in the toe box, reducing bulk and eliminating blister-generating friction.
- Comfort Compression: Circumferential compression from the top of the sock through the arch creates a precise, comfortable fit that helps support the foot throughout the day.
- Durability Assured: Reinforced construction and low-stress seam placement reduce wear and tear, increasing the life of the sock.
- 62% US Nylon
- 33% US Merino Wool
- 5% US LYCRA® Spandex