Jamis Women's Explorer Step-Thru
- Bike Services
A usual complaint from new riders trying to get into the cycling groove is feeling uncomfortably perched forward with too much weight on their wrists and having to crank their necks backwards just to be able to see in traffic. Jamis specifically designed their Explorers to remedy this. With extra long head tubes to push handlebar height up, shorter top tubes to pull handlebars closer to the saddle, 4-inch rise handlebars that sweep back at a natural hand-grasp angle and long-quilled or angle-adjustable stems that allow for a wide range of adjustment to tune handle bar height and reach perfectly for each rider.
- Frame: 6061 TIG-welded aluminum, all-new sport comfort design with upright ride position, replaceable derailleur hanger, center-mount kickstand bracket
- Fork: Hi-tensile steel unicrown, radius blades with dropout eyelets
- Headset: Internal cup, threaded, 1 1/8”
- Wheels: Alloy 36H rims, Formula alloy hubs, QR front and rear, 14g stainless steel spokes
- Tires: CST - 1918, 27.5 x 2.1
- Derailleurs: Shimano TY300 rear and TY510 top swing/dual pull front
- Shiftlevers: Shimano Revoshift, SL-RS35, 21-speed
- Chain: KMC Z7
- Cassette: Shimano freewheel 7-speed, 14-34
- Crankset: Shimano FC-TY501, 48/38/28T, 170mm with chainguard
- BB Set: Sealed cartridge, 68 x 110.5mm
- Pedals: Comfort platform with TPE non-slip insert
- Brakeset: ProMax alloy direct pull brakes with Tektro 530-RS levers
- Handlebar: Hi-rise comfort, 15D sweep x 80mm rise x 640mm wide
- Stem: Jamis alloy, angle-adjustable, 90mm ext x 150mm quill (14–18") or 110mm ext x 180mm quill (19–21”)
- Grips: Kraton comfort
- Seat Post: Alloy micro-adjust, 350mm x 27.2mm, with alloy QR clamp
- Saddle: Jamis Comfort with extra thick padding, synthetic suede top, burnished side panels and bumper springs
- Sizes: 15”, 17”, 19", 21”
- Color: Deep Blue or Pure White
- Weight: 30.50 lbs
Don't forget! Every bike purchase comes with one free bike service within 90 days, 50% off all bike services within two years, and 50% of a bike fit of your choice! We have full-service bike shops at all our stores.
Prices are subject to change by level of difficulty. Prices listed do not include parts.
|Drive Train Cleaning
|Includes a Basic Tune and Drive Train Cleaning
|Major Tune plus the following:
|New from box||$120|
|Used from box||$85|
|PROFESSIONAL BIKE FITTING (learn more).
Call your local store to schedule.
|Basic Bike Fit (50% off with bike purchase)||$150|
|Premium FIST Bike Fit (50% off with purchase of road race or tri bike)||$250|