The Scout will awaken your inner child. Manual here, scrub that, skid there, pedal up this. Freedom to boost everything in sight, overshoot every landing without a care, mixed with nose bonking and hooting your way down the trail. Sporty, but just as eager to tackle bigger terrain. The Scout's trail charisma is infectious and will cause you to look at your regular trails through a new perspective. Pedal up and repeat.
- Speed Balanced Geometry: SBG ensures the bike maintains low speed agility, front wheel traction, and proper rider weight balance while actually increasing confidence in steep terrain and at high speeds. With SBG, a slacker head tube angle is combined with a all new reduced offset fork standard, preventing the front wheel from being too far in front of the rider. This improves front to rear weight distribution on the bike, which is often out of balance on long and slack bikes.
- Frame Material: The Scout carbon uses premium Japanese Toray fiber using a unique latex coated EPS molding process to create tighter edge radius control using less material. The Scout alloy features a frame made from tough and dependable heat treated 6061 aluminum to strike the right balance of strength, durability and ride quality.
- Pivot Technology: Collet main pivot technology improves rear end stiffness and keeps your pivot hardware tight. Additional bearing shields prevent main pivot bearing contamination when washing your bike or riding in wet conditions.
- Frame Protection
- We keep your bike rides quiet and your frame safe from damage with fully integrated, flush-mounted rubber frame protection at all critical areas. In addition to downtube and seatstay protection, the ribbed chainstay protector features expanded coverage of the rear dropout pivot area.
- EnduroMAX Bearings: Transition exclusively uses EnduroMAX suspension pivot specific bearings in standard sizes that are readily available worldwide. Dual bearings are used at the dropout pivots for frame stiffness and additional c-clips lock the rocker bearings in place under torsional loads.
- Gear Accessory Mount: Underside top-tube accessory mount allows you to carry a spare tube or other goodies safely on your frame in case you are looking to ditch the backpack.
- Mega Seatpost Insertion: Dropper posts keep getting longer so we combine short seat tube lengths with mega seatpost insertion to help get your saddle completely out of the way.
- Tire Clearance: Ample clearance for mud and tires up to 2.6" width.
- User Friendly Cable Routing: To simplify maintenance and keep your bike noise free, the rear derailleur cable is routed through guide tubes in the front triangle and chainstay.
- Threaded BB: A standard 73mm threaded bottom bracket shell makes crankset maintenance hassle-free and prevents unwanted press-fit BB related noises.
- Press In Headset: A ZS44/ZS56 press in headset gives you the freedom to use angle adjust headsets if you feel the need to make your bike a touch slacker or a touch steeper. Angleset headset does not come with framesets or complete bikes.
- Water Bottle Compatibility: We keep your water bottle clean inside the front triangle so you can keep hydrated without worrying about mud making it to your mouth.
|Frame||Scout Carbon 140mm|
|Rear Shock||Fox Float X2 Factory 2 Position|
|Fork||Fox Float 36 Grip 2 Factory, 150mm Travel/37mm Offset|
|Headset||Cane Creek 40 Series|
|Stem||ANVL Swage (40mm)|
|Handlebar||OneUp Carbon Bar - XS/SM (800x20) MDLG/XL (800x35)|
|Saddle||ANVL Forge Ti|
|Seatpost||OneUp Dropper Post - XS (120mm) SM (150mm) MD (180mm) LG/XL (210mm)"|
|Brakes||SRAM Code RSC|
|Rotors||SRAM Centerline (180mm)|
|Shifter||SRAM XO1 Eagle|
|Derailleur||SRAM XO1 Eagle|
|Cassette||SRAM XG 1295 (10-52t)|
|Chain||SRAM GX Eagle|
|Crank||SRAM X1 Carbon DUB (XS 30t-165mm/SM,MD,LG,XL 30t-170mm)|
|Rims||DT Swiss XM 1700 Spline 30|
|Spokes||DT Swiss Competition|
|Hubs||DT Swiss 350 Straight Pull 36SL|
|Tire/Front||Maxxis Assegai 3C EXO+ (27.5x2.5)|
|Tire/Rear||Maxxis Minion DHRII 3C EXO+ (27.5x2.4)|
|Included||Tubeless Valves & Stans Sealant (6oz)|
|Weight||30.4 lbs / 13.79kg (Size MD)|
* Specs subject to change
|A. Reach (in)||16.1||17.1||18.1||19.1||20.1|
|B. Stack (in)||22.7||23.2||23.8||24.3||24.8|
|C. Effective TT Length (in)||21||22.2||23.3||24.5||25.7|
|D. Seat Tube Length (in)||13.8||14.2||15.4||16.9||18.1|
|E. Effective ST Angle||78.2°||77.7°||77.2°||76.8°||76.4°|
|Saddle Height For Effective ST Angle (in)||22||23.6||26||28.3||30.7|
|Actual ST Angle||72°||72°||72°||72°||72°|
|Seat Tube Offset at BB (in)||2.5||2.5||2.5||2.5||2.5|
|F. Head Tube Length (in)||3.7||4.3||4.9||5.5||6.1|
|G. Head Tube Angle||64°||64°||64°||64°||64°|
|H. Chainstay Length (in)||16.9||16.9||16.9||16.9||16.9|
|I. Wheelbase (in)||45.4||46.7||47.9||49.1||50.4|
|J. Bottom Bracket Drop (in)||0.7||0.7||0.7||0.7||0.7|
|K. Estimated BB Height (in)||13.3||13.3||13.3||13.3||13.3|
|L. Stand Over Height (in)||26.2||26.2||26.5||27||27.5|
|M. Fork Offset (in)||1.5||1.5||1.5||1.5||1.5|
|Rider Height||Bike Size|
|4'10" - 5'2"||XS|
|5'2" - 5'6"||S|
|5'6" - 5'10"||M|
|5'10" - 6'2"||L|
|6'2" - 6'6"||XL|
|6'4" - 6'8"||2XL|