Pinnacles Climbing Weekend
1 or 2 Day Beginner to Advanced Options
Join us for an amazing weekend of rock climbing in the spectacular Pinnacles National Park. We've got options for all climbing levels. Choose between 'Intro to Climbing', 'Beyond Basics' or 'Lead Sport Climbing' or a combination. Also select 1 or 2 day options that include all meals and all required gear.
- June 02–03
- September 29–30
- November 03–04
A climbing weekend with something for everyone. Multiple duration and experience options to accommodate all schedules or interests.
Climb in one of the most beautiful National Parks in California, just a quick drive for the SF Bay Area.
Camp in style and comfort with a fully supported campsite with gourmet meals provided
All gear available so you just bring your sense of adventure!
Perfect for those who have been climbing in the gym and are ready to learn outdoor climbing or for those ready to take their climbing skills to the next level
- Climbing Skills Available
- For new climbers: Learn to Belay, Tie-In and Basic Movement techniques
- Learn to build Anchors for the most common types of top rope situations
- Learn to Lead Belay and Lead Climb
- Get in depth knowledge of the gear and safe climbing practices
- Learn how to rappel safely
- Setup at least one top rope anchor and rappel down the rock face
- Mock lead at least 2 routes
- Gain the confidence to “Do It Yourself!”
What's not included:
|MODERATE - Options available for all levels.|
|DIFFICULT - Options available for all levels.|
- Options available for all levels.
Day 1 - Saturday
- 9:00am: Meet at Pinnacles Campground Store, East Entrance.
- 9:00am - 9:15am: Introductions and overview of day
- 9:15am - 9:30am: Drive to Bear Gulch Day Use Area
- 9:30am - 9:45am: Hike to climbing zone
- 9:45am - 3:30pm: Instruction and climbing
- 3:30pm - 4:00pm: End of day wrap up, hike out and drive to campground
- 4:00pm - 10:00pm: Set up camp, enjoy refreshments, swimming pool, showers(fee), dinner, campfire, hangout.
- 7:00am: Wake up call in camp
- 7:00am - 9:00am: Coffee, Breakfast, Discuss the day, Break down camp
- 9:00am - 9:15am: drive to Bear Gulch Day Use Area
- 9:15am - 9:30am: Hike to climbing zone
- 9:30am - 3:30pm: Instruction and climbing
- 3:30pm - 4:00pm: End of day wrap up and hike out
Note on Itinerary: Although we’ll always do our best to adhere to this schedule, it is often dictated by factors outside of our control and is therefore subject to change. We will run this trip rain or shine.
- Comfortable, wicking athletic clothing with pants or capris to cover knees. No Shorts.
- Any personal gear you may have (e.g., shoes, harness, etc.)
- 2-3 liters of water
- Jacket or fleece
- Sturdy approach shoes/hiking boots that are broken in
- Sunscreen, Sun hat, Sunglasses
- Seasonally: baselayers, fleece, down jacket, beanie, gloves