Rock Climbing Level I
Cragmont Park, Berkeley
Our 1-day intro to rock climbing clinics are perfect for those new to climbing or with limited climbing experience.
- October 06
Enjoy a safe and educational outdoor climbing experience with approximately 2 - 5 climbing routes
Learn the basics of outdoor rock climbing from expert guides, including: Essential gear, Tying in to the rope, Belaying, Lowering, and Basic climbing techniques
What's not included:
|EASY - This is great for the beginner or first time climber who wants to learn the basics of rock climbing. Expect to climb 3 - 5 routes, perfect for first time climbers.|
- 9:00am: Meet at Cragmont Park in Berkeley (MAP)
- 9:00am - 10:30am: Instruction
- Gear Overview
- Tying a figure eight knot
- Climbing technique
- 10:30am - 2:30pm: Climbing
- 2:30pm- 3:00pm: End of day refreshments
Note on Itinerary: Although we’ll always do our best to adhere to this schedule, it is often dictated by factors outside of our control and is therefore subject to change. We will run this trip rain or shine.
- Bag Lunches
- Comfortable, wicking athletic clothing with pants or capris to cover knees. No Shorts.
- Any personal gear you may have (e.g., shoes, harness, etc.)
- 2-3 liters of water
- Jacket or fleece
- Sturdy approach shoes/hiking boots that are broken in
- Sunscreen, Sun hat, Sunglasses
- Seasonally: baselayers, fleece, down jacket, beanie, gloves