Jamis Commuter 2
- Brakes Promax forged alloy linear-pull
- Crank Forged alloy crank
- Drivetrain Shimano Acera
- Frame Aluminum
- Wheels Alex ID-19 double wall alloy rims
Many people are now discovering that commuting by bike is not only healthy, efficient, and green, but is also easy and fun when you are on the right bike. The Jamis Commuters are designed to minimize maintenance while maximizing comfort and efficiency. The lightweight aluminum frames, fenders, and rear carriers are ready for the inner city shuffle, with saddles and grips designed to offer comfortable contact points so you arrive refreshed and recharged.
The Commuter 2 offers 8 speeds to let you tackle hilly streets and reliable linear pull brakes to ensure you’re in control on the way back down. Its aluminum handlebar and stem help lighten the load, and a memory foam-topped saddle cranks up the comfort. Ride with confidence on puncture-protected tires that shrug off urban debris so you get where you’re going without worry.
Perks of buying with Sports Basement:
1 FREE bike service
Free bike service with bike purchase must be claimed within 90 days of purchase. Prices are subject to change by level of difficulty. Prices listed do not include parts.
|Drive Train Cleaning
|Includes a Basic Tune and Drive Train Cleaning
Major Tune plus the following:
|New from box||$120|
|Used from box||$85|
50% off one bike fit
|PROFESSIONAL BIKE FITTING (learn more).
Call your local store to schedule.
|Basic Bike Fit (50% off with bike purchase)||$150|
|Premium FIST Bike Fit (50% off with purchase of road race or tri bike)||$250|
Trade in your old bike
Ready to upgrade to a new bike? Don't deal with Craigslist–come to Sports Basement! We'll give you the value of your old bike in store credit, so you can make your old bike help pay for your new one.
Powered by BicycleBlueBook.com
- Frame: 6061 triple gauge aluminum main tubes and stays, new sloping design, kickstand mount, forged dropouts and fender/rack eyelets
- Fork: Jamis City/Cross steel unicrown, straight blades with low rider mounts and double fender eyelets
- Headset: Water-resistant sealed mechanism, threaded 1 1/8"
- Rims/Wheels: Alex ID-19 double wall alloy rims with GSW sidewall, 32H
- Hubs: Alloy
- Spokes: 14g stainless steel spokes
- Tires: CST Corporal with puncture protection and silver safety stripe, 700 x 38c
- Crankset: Forged alloy crank, 170mm (14-18"), 175mm (19-23"), with full length chainguard
- Chainrings: 42T
- Bottom Bracket: Sealed cartridge, 68 x 122.5mm
- Chain: KMC Z7
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Acera RD-M360 SGS rear
- Cassette/Rear Cogs: Shimano HG41 8-speed, 11-34T
- Shifters: Shimano RapidFire Plus SL-M310, 8-speed
- Handlebars: Jamis ARC, 6061 aluminum, 25.4 x 35° sweep x 580mm (F 14", 18") 600mm (M 15", 17", 19", 21", 23")
- Tape/Grips: Anatomic double density kraton with reflective end plug
- Stem: Jamis alloy hi-rise, quill type, 35° x 90mm with 180mm quill
- Brake Levers: Tektro CL530 alloy with kraton insert
- Brakes: Promax forged alloy linear-pull
- Pedals: Comfort platform with TPE non-slip insert
- Saddle: Jamis Metro Sport with memory foam, synthetic leather cover, burnished sides, gender-specific
- Seat Post: Jamis alloy micro-adjust, 27.2 x 350mm with alloy clamp and QR seatpin
- Product Reviews