You save 60% off MSRP
The Archimedes, for us, was the best suit we could have designed at the time. Materials, production methods and research saw us create the best of the moment. What has brought about the change to the Archimedes 2? Pushing the bar of expectation beyond anything the wetsuit market has ever seen with research, challenging production and learning.
- Flexibility: Through observing how Chloroprene foam moves, stretches and behaves with differing lining materials (especially when we marry it with construction and stitch patterns), we have been able to further enhance the flexibility and reach. The Archimedes // has a 25% reduction in the neoprene thickness of the panels around the side, the back and shoulders, utilising 1mm Cholorprene foam and the most flexible lining materials available. The under arm gusset has been remodelled with improved mechanical reach with detailed analysis of the stitch location. The super flexible material in the lateral panels with thickness reduction allows Non-suit feel and reach. The improved design and application of new materials delivers an arm-reach modulus reduction of 18%, in other words, less effort for more stretch.
- Non Suit Feel: During the two-year testing period we have strived to reach the Non-suit bench mark. It was ITU Athlete and more first out the water than any other ITU star, Richard Varga whose comment satisfied that search;
- Improved Efficiency: The X-O skeleton is a unique proposition from HUUB, researched using active drag the only company testing and using the most effective and accurate measurement. Measurement of Active Drag (M.A.D) shows us what happens when the athlete is swimming, not being towed or pulled - where inaccuracies are rife. We use a cross section of measurement, but the M.A.D. is the most accurate and most reliable. The X-O Skeleton delivers structure and control to reduce snaking, power loss and directional waste by gripping and holding the pelvis and hips. Research by Professor Huub Toussaint has taught us many things, and one of those is the secret to improving stroke efficiency, whilst controlling other parts of the body. We dont want to give too much away, there are more products to come that have benefited from this research, lets just say; the more control, the more efficiency. The X-O Skeleton has been increased by 80% in the Archimedes 2 to deliver more control.
- Calf Release and Bicep Release: The Calf Release has been increased in volume by 25%, giving the calf more coverage of the lower modulus with non-restrictive super thin nylon. The thickness was reduced to below 1mm to ensure natural calf movement; this improves kick by lack of restriction and significantly reduces the risk of cramping during swim and transition.
- Low Neck Line: We know we have the most comfortable neck in the wetsuit industry. We don't fold and stitch, we refuse to create a tourniquet of rubber to restrict breathing and flexibility. We stood alone and we will stand by this simple and effective design.