Sports Basement is expanding our Logistics Team and is in search of a qualified Truck Driver. Do you love working in a physical job, with amazing people, and endless opportunities to succeed? You have found your company!
Our Transfer Truck hubs are located at our San Ramon and Santa Rosa locations. Drivers are responsible for making sure customer, store, and company product arrives to its destination safely, organized, and on time every day. You will be responsible for the operation, organization, and maintenance scheduling for the truck. You will report directly to the San Ramon or Santa Rosa General Manager and will be working with the Receiving Teams of nearly every store.
Full-time, Monday through Friday, early start.
- Operate and navigate all aspects of a large vehicle for 8 hours per day, including across the Bay Area, in and around cities, narrow streets, and crowded freeways (driving, reversing, parking, lift gate operation, pallet jack operation)
- Safe operation of company vehicle, including adherence to all rules of the road
- Attention to detail and a high level of organizational skill with vehicle and vehicle contents (load distribution, load securing, spatial intelligence)
- Solve evolving spatial, logistical, and prioritization problems
- Daily communication in a friendly, yet professional manner (chat/email/phone)
- Treat every employee interaction like they are family
- Quickly resolve any order/customer issues that arise
- Actively participate in making the Transfer Truck and Logistics Team better
- Work with Receiving Teams to answer any questions they may have
- Represent Sports Basement with professionalism at all times
- Valid CA driver’s license with a clean DMV report.
- You have the ability to repeatedly lift heavy objects
- Problems or challenges are something to be overcome!
- You possess a naturally high level of HUSTLE! You find satisfaction in making things happen
- A self-starter who looks for ways to improve how they work
- Personable, outgoing, professional and articulate
- Excellent spatial, organizational, and multi-tasking skills
- Previous operation of a 26’ truck a plus
Starting at $20/ hour, potentially more depending on experience. The department is a critical component of our company, with opportunities for advancement after skills and experience are demonstrated. We also offer (seriously) outstanding and creative benefits:
- Full health, dental, and optical coverage (full-time staff)
- Participation in our profit-sharing bonus pool (full-time staff)
- 40% off our already low prices… for life (you keep your employee discount when you work more than a year full-time and leave in good standing)
- A kitchen fully stocked with free, tasty, healthy food for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner
- Free airline miles program
- Free skiing, camping, and biking trips with our “Out of the Basement” program
- Free use of our rental gear (subject to some guidelines)
- Up to $1,000 per year in event and race fee reimbursements
- 401(k) plan
- Free Long Term Disability insurance (full-time staff)
- Stock options program (full-time staff)
How to apply
Please fill out our online application here.
Then email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.