Do you thrive on being productive? Do you excel working in a small energetic team? Do you enjoy seeing your accomplishment at the end of each day? Do you like to get a workout while you're working? If so, this may be the perfect role for you. Sports Basement is looking to hire the right candidate for our Merchandising team.
The Merch Team is comprised of three full-time rock stars including the Merch Manager. The Merch Team is responsible for getting all product out of the Receiving Department and onto various fixtures in a creative, organized, and clean manner. The Merch Team will follow the lead and direction of the Merch Manager and work together or separately to accomplish each day's tasks. Specific tasks include keeping all merchandising fixtures and supplies organized and stocked, consolidating product to make room for incoming product, and creating compelling displays to sell the product from. There is room for advancement with proven skills and productivity/results. This is a fun and creative position for the person who loves to accomplish a lot in a day and takes pride in the outcome of their work.
- Work closely with Merchandising Manager and Merch Team to ensure all incoming product is merchandised by the end of the day:
- Work alone or side-by-side with the Team depending on size of each project.
- Ensure all projects are completed to the highest standards.
- Keep a clean and safe workspace at all times.
- Keep all fixtures and merchandising supplies stocked and organized at all times, including communicating any needs to the Manager Manager.
- Complete markdowns and promotions tasks on Wednesdays.
- Be courteous and kind with customers while passing them off to a customer facing staffer. Be able to answer the most basic questions.
- Assist in Receiving and/or Rentals if time permits.
- Provide feedback to the Merchandising Manager regarding observations in inventory levels. This is in order to pass on feedback to the buyers.
- The desire and ability to accomplish all the challenges a day throws at you.
- Previous experience in merchandising is a huge plus.
- Ability to read and analyze reports in a way that helps direct your efforts.
- Have a great attitude, have fun, be a strong player for your team.
- A good balance of creativity and organization abilities.
- Likes to, and is good at solving spatial puzzles and challenges.
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally in written and verbal situations
- Must be able to regularly lift, carry, and move 50lb's.
Sports Basement offers a competitive wage with plenty of opportunities for advancement in a growing company after skills and experience are demonstrated. We went above and beyond with our benefits, too! You'll get:
- Participation in our profit-sharing bonus pool (full-time staff)
- 40% off our already low prices. . . for LIFE (if you work 2,000 hours)
- A kitchen fully stocked with free, tasty, healthy food for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner
- 2 free flights every time you work the equivalent of one full year
- Free skiing, camping, and biking trips with our "Out of the Basement" program
- Free use of our rental gear
- Up to $1,000 per year in event and race fee reimbursements
- 401(k) plan
- Stock options program (full-time staff)
How to apply