Not your everyday bike store, Sports Basement offers a fun and dynamic work environment with perks that you simply won’t find at other shops in the city.
- Assist customers in an enthusiastic and courteous manner; providing service that makes customers say "wow!" (in a good way.)
- Advise and assist customers with products and gifts that are perfect for their needs (not just whatever's priced the highest!)
- Stock and clean the department to make shopping easy and enjoyable for the customer
- Develop and maintain expertise of all merchandise in your department, in order to effectively assist customers with accurate information; keep up-to-date as new product lines are introduced (we'll help with that, of course!)
- Assist with merchandising efforts, displays, and floor moves as needed (creativity is key!)
- Assist with community marketing events
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager
- Bike knowledge and riding experience.
- Well-versed in contemporary bike tech.
- Excellent customer service/communication skills.
- Excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player.
Compensation & benefits
Sports Basement offers a competitive wage with plenty of opportunities for advancement in a growing company after skills and experience are demonstrated. Specific starting wages are listed above. We went above and beyond with our benefits, too! You'll get:
- Full health, dental, and optical coverage
- Participation in our profit-sharing bonus pool (full-time staff)
- 40% off our already low prices. . . for life! (after you work 2,000 hours)
- A kitchen fully stocked with free, tasty, healthy food for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner
- A free flight every time you work the equivalent of one full year
- Free skiing, camping, and biking trips with our Out of the Basement program
- Free use of our rental gear
- Up to $1,000 per year in event and race fee reimbursements
- 401(k) plan
- Stock options program (full-time staff)
- Flexible schedule for students
How to apply
Please fill out our online application here.Then email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org