Sports Basement is excited to hire an Assistant Planner to join our Buying Team. An Assistant Planner supports the Buyers in inventory management, including replenishment, transfers, markdowns, and other data analysis. In other words, this is a data-intensive position that requires a love of spreadsheets! This a full-time role, Monday through Friday with some weekend and holiday work to support our stores. The interview process will begin immediately and the target hire date is October 1st.
Assistant Planner Job Duties
- Prepare sheets for seasonal buys, create merchandise boards based on buyer picks and maintain accurate and up-to-date budgets
- Manage creation of articles and POs, maintaining data integrity and correct information
- Evaluate replenishment levels and monitor replenishment orders for accuracy
- Execute transfers with guidance from buyers
- Manage pricing and markdowns
Qualities of a Successful Assistant Planner
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time-management
- SB Fit - Enthusiasm to work in Sports Basement’s unique company culture
- Excellent written & oral communication skills; strong listening & relationship skills
- 7thAve Hustle – Negotiation skills – We always want a better deal!
- Able to organize and prioritize the workload to meet deadlines
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and high productivity
- Highly flexible and adapts well to a rapidly changing environment
- Willing to work the sales floor, and to work on weekends and holidays
- Solid math skills and a basic understanding of retail financial measurements
- Technology proficiency, including the aptitude to quickly learn new technical applications
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Google Docs. Familiarity with SAP is a plus
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cover Letter Questions-Please answer all of the below
- Why do you want to work in the SB Buying Department? Why would you be a good fit for the Buying Department?
- How would you describe the Sports Basement brand?