Sports Basement is looking for a rock star Assistant Marketer to support our growing business. The Assistant Marketer represents Sports Basement in the field and is regularly the host of our many in-store programs.
Assistant Marketer Job Duties:
- Event hosting (and planning) that delight all who attend.
- Internal and external communication that ensures that partners are attended to and colleagues are informed and engaged in Sports Basement’s marketing.
- Representing Sports Basement at field events delivering an experience that energizes Sports Basement advocates.
- Host cheer squads that are the envy of other businesses and that have staffers begging to participate.
- Business Development: Support marketing team in securing new opportunities.
- Leverage existing partnerships to broaden our win-win ethos.
Qualities of a successful Assistant Marketer:
- Amazing communication (written and verbal).
- An aptitude for event planning.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for our products & wellness.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong interest and a budding aptitude for strategic and analytical business thinking.
- Attention to detail.
- SB Fit - Enthusiasm to work in Sports Basement’s unique company culture.
- Knowledge of Sports Basement’s product, services, and departments.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and high productivity.
- Highly flexible and adapts well to a rapidly changing environment.
- Willingness to work the sales floor, especially during the holidays and winter months
- Able to work weekends and holidays depending on what the store and marketing programs require
- Solid analytical skills and a basic understanding of retail financial measurements
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Google Docs
- Access to a car
Compensation & benefits:
Sports Basement offers a fun, challenging work environment that allows you to share your love of the outdoors with customers and co-workers. We’re an entrepreneurial company with plenty of ways to grow and build a career.
Starting wage: $12.00 to $15.00/hr, plus bonus and benefits (see below) DOE and minimum wage at your desired location.
We also provide an outstanding list of benefits to staff so they can lead healthy, active, fun lives:
- Full health, dental, and optical coverage (full-time staff)
- Participation in our profit-sharing bonus pool (full-time staff)
- 40% off our already low prices… for life (you keep your employee discount when you work more than a year full-time and leave in good standing)
- A kitchen fully stocked with free, tasty, healthy food for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner
- Free airline miles program.
- Free skiing, camping, and biking trips with our “Out of the Basement” program
- Free use of our rental gear (subject to some guidelines)
- Up to $1,000 per year in event and race fee reimbursements
- 401(k) plan
- Free Long Term Disability insurance (full-time staff)
- Stock options program (full-time staff)
How to apply: