Skeleton Key Camber
- Core Wood
- Dimensions 305.8 x 258 x 295.8 (158 cm)
- Radius 7.7 m (158 cm)
- Rider Type Advanced-Expert
- Rocker Rocker/Camber
The offspring of a one-night stand between two of Burton’s most revered all-terrain boards, the Burton Skeleton Key has quickly become a staple in the quivers of our testers and team riders. From Japan-deep pow to Mount Baker’s legendary banks, this uniquely hard-charging directional shape fuses camber with a slightly increased waist width that carves like a knife.
- Rocker Type: Directional Camber – A blend of rocker and camber in the nose combines float and control while camber under the back foot drives with power and stability.
- Directional Flex – This flex features increased pop in the tail and a more resilient nose that allows riders to easily maintain control through all terrain and conditions.
- Directional | 10mm Taper – The classic snowboard shape, designed to be ridden with a slightly longer nose than tail to concentrate pop in the tail while still giving you plenty of float, flow, and control to rip any terrain or condition.
- Pro-Tip – A tapered tip and tail thickness reduces swing weight for easier mobility.
- Balanced Freeride Geometry – Twin or directional is the age-old question for creative rippers, and Balanced Freeride Geometry ends the debate with setback rocker profile and a sidecut that is centered on your stance to create a twin freestyle feel when riding flat base.
- FSC Certified Super Fly II 700G Core – Stronger and lighter woods target specific areas of the core to provide pop, strength, and reduced weight.
- Squeezebox – Burton's most versatile Squeezebox profile improves pop and performance through the balance of thicker, more powerful core sections with thinner, more flexible sections.
- Dualzone EGD – The wood grain is positioned along the toe and heel edges on two continuous zones, perpendicular to the rest of the wood core for consistent edge-hold and added strength.
- Triax Fiberglass Laminate – Versatile flex and response for everything from mini to mega shred.
- Sintered WFO Base – Infusing a specially formulated wax deep into the pores of this extra-absorbent, high-density sintered material results in an ultra-durable base that stays wide open all season and in any condition.
- Infinite Ride – This Burton-exclusive technology allows maximized pop and strength by overbuilding the board, then putting it in a machine that breaks in the board for you.
- Super Sap Epoxy – A resin formulated with bio-based materials that reduces the carbon footprint by 50% over conventional all-petroleum-based epoxies.
- The Channel Mounting System gives you ultimate control of your stance and your board in a design compatible with all major bindings (not just Burton's).
- Terrain: Freestyle, All-Mountain
- Ability Level: Advanced-Expert
- Rocker Type: Rocker/Camber
- Shape: Directional
- Flex Rating: Medium
- Binding Mount Pattern: Channel
- Core/Laminates: Wood
- Product Reviews