Not your everyday bike shop, Sports Basement offers a fun and dynamic work environment with perks that you simply won’t find at other shops in the city.
Bike Mechanic roles - based on experience:
- Lead mechanic ($22+/hr)
- Sr. Mechanic ($20-$22/hr)
- Mechanic ($17-$20/hr)
- Staff Mechanic ($16-$17/hr)
- Professional bike mechanic experience.
- Able to service new and used bicycles of all types and levels with strong attention to detail.
- Possess strong service writing skills.
- Well-versed in contemporary bike tech.
- Excellent customer service/communication skills.
- Excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player.
Compensation & benefits
Sports Basement offers a competitive wage with plenty of opportunities for advancement in a growing company after skills and experience are demonstrated. Specific starting wages are listed above. We went above and beyond with our benefits, too! You'll get:
- Full health, dental, and optical coverage
- Participation in our profit-sharing bonus pool (full-time staff)
- 40% off our already low prices. . . for life! (after you work 2,000 hours)
- A kitchen fully stocked with free, tasty, healthy food for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner
- A free flight every time you work the equivalent of one full year
- Free skiing, camping, and biking trips with our Out of the Basement program
- Free use of our rental gear
- Up to $1,000 per year in event and race fee reimbursements
- 401(k) plan
- Stock options program (full-time staff)
- Flexible schedule for students
How to apply
Please fill out our online application here.Then email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org